Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Throw Your Vote Behind Optimist Adrian!

AS I HAVE expressed before, our Caribbean brother, Optimist Adrian Elcock deserves every single vote he can get that will put him on the Optimist International Board of Directors for 2014-2015. He has the acumen on every count - as an accomplished business man, an outstanding and distinguished Optimist, and a fantastic human being! 
Certainly, those of us in the Caribbean should have a greater appreciation of what it means for an International organisation to "reflect the demographic profile of its members". 
Elcock's candidacy is sure guarantee of that; let's follow through with the vote and make it a reality. In his own words, here is why you should vote for Optimist Adrian Elcock, one of the great Optimist leaders emerging from the Caribbean:
"I am trained in Accounting and Marketing and I have worked and lived in the USA before returning to Barbados.  This has afforded me the opportunity to understand international best practices in business, as well as to harness the ability to work with people of all cultures and background... I recognize and see the Board activities of OI to be centered on “running a business” despite our public face as a charitable organization..."
"A club and its members should vote for me because I am ably qualified... I have served my club, district, region, and International with distinction, always sensitive to the best needs of the organization and my fellow members.  In addition... I understand the challenges faced by the organization but I can also see the opportunities available to us as we refocus our efforts on how we serve the youth of the world."
"I believe that we need to constantly recognize that it is the members that make up this great Movement called Optimism.  We must listen attentively and respond intelligently to their needs and concerns... I will also work diligently to bring my business training and my communication skills to ensure that the Movement continues on a firm foundation."
"It’s important that an international organization’s Board should reflect the demographic profile of its members.  I am an Afro-Caribbean man, who has lived in a multi-cultural world. 
I am qualified as a Businessman, an Optimist, and most importantly as a Person.  I respectfully ask you for your vote.  Thank you."

Links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment