Friday, April 11, 2014

The glass is half full...


Recently, my club president Optimist Tetrice sent a message to fellow Optimists in the Sunset Optimist Club of Liguanea family and I feel obliged to share. So, here goes:


FELLOW OPTIMISTS,
In our daily lives we all of have our own priorities, struggles and triumphs. A lot of the time it's hard to juggle it all, much less the demands of being in an organisation such as the Optimist Club. 

In many ways, I myself am faced with many challenges as it relates to the overall management of the various aspects of my life. A lot of the time I am overwhelmed by a lot of things and end up discouraged along the way, as I am sure many of you have experienced. At that time, I turn to the Optimist Creed to brighten my perspective. 

Today I read the creed again and the part that stood out to me the most was, "...To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future..." In highlighting this section, I am imploring my fellow Optimists to really help me to make these [third and fourth] quarters a shining success.

...The 3rd quarter is still fresh. Please continue to keep the faith and, this time around, really step up in Optimism and help me make the Sunset Optimist Club of Liguanea the best club in Jamaica and the Caribbean. 

Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. As an Optimist, I can only hope that you see these next 6 months as a glass half full. We have so much to accomplish this year; and I want everyone to really press on to make the second half of the Optimist year better for us as a team and as a family.

Best regards,
President Tetrice





Push

Until

Something

Happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment