Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Pride of Caribbean JOOI

CONGRATULATIONS TO JOOI Caribbean District Governor Nicholas Kellyman (Wolmer’s Boys) who captured the Member of Excellence Award at the recent JOOI International Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio, as well as Lieutenant Governor Javanni Waugh (Kingston College) who has been elected to serve as an International JOOI Director for the 2013-2014 year.
As Chairperson Lisa-Gaye Anderson notes, “We ought to be so very proud of our youth; and every time we get the chance, we should encourage them as they have such great potential”.

I am honoured to be given such a prestigious award… Optimism has given me a sense of purpose and has unearthed a passion for helping others that I previously never knew existed within (me)…
I will do my best to justify your choice and I will continue to make a positive impact on society. Thank you!

                                                          - Nicholas Kellyman (JOOI Caribbean Governor 2012-2013)


I am beyond elated to be elected as Jamaica's first JOOI member to the International Board of Directors!
Words cannot express how humbled and happy I am to have this honour to serve a much wider community of like-minded youth bestowed upon me.
- Javanni Waugh (2013-2014 JOOI International Director-Elect)



No comments:

Post a Comment